CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

9.28.2008

First Week of School

Well, I finished my first week of school last Friday. It was better than I thought it would be. I didn't understand hardly anything the teachers said, but that's ok. I got introduced to everyone in the class and they seem very friendly. I found two girls that are really nice and helpful, and I hang out with them mostly.


The school itself isn't what I expected. When I looked at pictures online, it looks really fancy and nice. And then it's in this super nice and expensive shopping district ( :] ), so I expected it to be a good school. But the building isn't very good. It has 4 floors, my class is on the 3rd. There are absolutely no clocks anywhere in the school. And they use chalkboards and to open the windows, you have to get the janitor to use this special key. It's all linoleum (I think I spelt that wrong) , but the desks are ok. And in the bathroom there is no soap, or paper towels, or toilet paper! Ew, right?! And a bunch of the doors don't even close. But overall, I wouldn't want to change schools or anything. I know 3 other exchange students that go to the school. And this Wednesday I made plans to go shopping in Goya with 2 of the girls!
Here are some pictures from the last week or so....

1 comments:

Mom said...

Now THAT'S the ticket! Great pix. Especially cool tall buildings and you in the subway. Thanks for sharing. Please keep the updates coming so we can see more of what you're seeing and hear your thoughts about life in Madrid. I promise to keep checking often.