CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

9.29.2008

Yesterday's Trip to Carranque and Pictures from last weekend
















Yesterday I left about 9:20 to go to a special meeting place where the bus was going to take us to Carranque. I was feeling sick (still) so I took a couple tylenol pill with me. It was really cold and cloudy! I had jeans, tennis shoes, and tank top, my cute burgandy Abercrombie sweater, and a sweatshirt! So we left about 10am on a charter bus. There were about 30 people from Rotary clubs in Madrid and 10 of the American exchange students.










While we were driving, it started raining. It took us about 35-40 minutes to get there. After, we got off the bus and walked over this old bridge and down a big slope. There was this one story building (about the size of a big house) and we went inside and some lady talked to all of us about the place and its history (at least I think that's what she was saying because it was all in Spanish). Then we watched this really boring movie (in spanish) about it's history and stuff.










By the way.... in Carranque, there are a lot of farms. So about 20 years ago, a farmer was plowing his fields and he found ancient Roman ruins. So they dug up the whole area and they found, about a meter under the ground, tons of Roman moisaic floors. It was a house (probably about the square footage of our house) and all of the floors have really cool stone moisaics. And also, about a 3 minute walk away was another ruin (it looked like a really big stone archway) but I forgot what the tourguide said it was. But I guess until they found the house remains, everyone assumed that the arch was just some leftover church.



Ok, so, we toured around the floors and the archway. It was freezing! The wind was really freezing and strong! And it was still raining. And I forgot my camera, so I didn't get any pictures of anything :(



But, finally, the tour was over and we went back up to the bus to bring back down the food for the picnic. It was really fun (even though it was outside and the umbrella on our table didn't work) and everyone shared their food and took pictures. And we got to speak English!



Then, we went to a small cafe and sat and talked for a while. Then we went back to the special meeting place at 5:30, but all of our parents were picking us up at 7:30. So we walked over to a mall nearby and window shopped and had desert and walked back and went home! It was a lot of fun!!!!




I made plans with a couple girls to go shopping after school on Wednesday. And we (sometime this year) are all going to go see a soccer game. And most (actually I think all) of the girls like Twilight, so we're going to see the movie together when it comes out! Fun, fun, fun!



And I found out.... that no public schools in Spain have toilet paper!!! Freakish, huh?! Someone brought up that subject while we were talking. I just thought I would add that.



I stayed home from school today because I don't feel very well. It's just a cold and I'll probably go back tomorrow.



Also, I have decided that when I get back, I'm going to have a Wii and get Rockband 2 for it. I think it would be fun for everyone! I think it would be a good 16th birthday present for me!



And Iron Man comes out tomorrow!



And Mom, I got my card just now.

1 comments:

Mom said...

Maybe the schools all have bidets? Have you asked?