CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.30.2009

Wednesday Meeting




So a couple days ago, I went back to Majadahonda to meet with the exchangers. We had made a plan to meet at the same cafe, then walk to one girl's tutor's house. Then she was going to show us around the town, then go to her host parents' house to eat dinner. Well, I decided to skip eating dinner, because they were planning to eat dinner and like, 9:30, and it takes an hour to get back to my house, and I had and early school day the next morning.

Anyway, after school I had time to come back home, get a bite to eat, drop off my stuff and change my clothes. Then back in the Metro. And that's when I realized..... I had forgotten my iPod! But I got over it. So I got there and found Shayna and she said that Kayle couldn't come because she had to go to some dinner with a Rotary person or something. But we found the bus and got on, and we were only a couple minutes late.

So we were sitting in the back of the bus, talking English, of course, and after about 10 minutes, this guy turns around and he's like, "Excuse me, where are you guys from?" (In english) So long story short, we told him about our exchange and living in Madrid and he told us that he had moved to Spain a few years ago. He was born in South Africa, but lived in Australia most of his life. It was just kinda cool to be able to talk to someone that wasn't from Spain, but lived here and spoke english, you know.

Well, we had assumed that we would remember where we were supposed to get off, but then the bus kept going and nothing looked right, so the guy asked us what street we wanted and he said that we had missed it, but it would be back in that street in a couple minutes.

So we got off and walked to the cafe and the girl (Danielle) was the only one there. And we were only about 15 min late. So we sat down and I ate some churro-like things with chocolate, they were really good. Then as we were getting ready to leave, another boy (Evan) came. He told us that one of the boys wasn't going to come because he was in the Canaries this week, and another boy said he had a take a test and would come a little later. So we decided that since it was 3 girls and 1 boy, we would go shopping after going to the tutor's house! :] So we walked (probably about 1.5 miles) to her house and she had plates and cups set up. So we had to sit and eat, which would have been fine, but I had eaten those churro things and was already full. So we had little finger sandwiches, then she brought out a pastry like thing and hot chocolate, and then flan. And of course, she had prepared it all with the intention of feeding 7 people, and since there were only 4 of us, she kept trying to get us to eat more so there's weren't left overs. I was really sick by the time we finished. But I had a really nice time.

So we left, then walked to the shopping center in Majadahonda. And we had to speed walk the whole way so that we would have time to get there, do some shopping, then get me back when I was supposed to. I would guess that from the tutor's house to the mall is about 3 miles almost all along the highway (but there was a nice sidewalk). My feet were killing me! But it was fun when we finally got there. I don't think Evan had a very fun time shopping, but it was still fun to be able to do something all together.

So I finally got to the bus station at 9 or so and made it home by 10:15. I could barely walk because my feet hurt so bad. And I still have 2 huge water blisters on the back of my heels. But, my outfit was really cute and I'm glad I wore the shoes I wore! (the pictures above)

0 comments: